Health, Disabilities & Social Services
Alaska Health, Disabilities & Social Services
AHELP - The Alaska Health Education Library Project
Health promotion and education resources
Statewide directory of human service providers
- Alaska Center for Rural Health
- Alaska Department of Health & Social Services
- Alaska Medical Library
- Alaska Mental Health Consumer Web
- Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium
- Alaska Senior & Disabilities Services
- Alaska Suicide and Crisis Hotlines
Alaska Talking Book Center
Talking book and Braille format library
- Alaska Telehealth Advisory Council
Alaska Women's Network
Non-profit organizations, support groups, meeting notices, & more
Alaskan AIDS Assistance Association
Improving quality of life for HIV/AIDS Alaskans
- Alzheimers Resource of Alaska
- American Lung Association in Alaska
- Arctic Health Information Portal
State provided health insurance for children and pregnant women.
- Disability Law Center of Alaska
- Epidemiology, Health and Social Services, State of Alaska
- Family Help in Alaska
Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders
Statistics, diagnosis and treatment information for Alaskans.
- Food Bank of Alaska
- La Leche League of Alaska
RID Alaska Child Sexual Abuse
Resource and information directory on child sexual abuse services available in various cities in Alaska.
Rural Alaska Community Action Program; assists village people to overcome all forms of poverty.
- Special Education Service Agency
- Special Olympics Alaska
Stone Soup Group
Information/support to families of children with special health, disability, mental health, and/or special education needs.
- AHELP - The Alaska Health Education Library Project
General Health, Disabilities & Social Services
American Cancer Society
Cancer information, news, services, links, resources.
- Cancer Monthly
CAPHIS - Consumer and Patient Health Information Section/Medical Library Association
Access Medline Plus, PubMed, Healthfinder, Merck Manual and more for consumers of all ages and for health professionals.
- CDC - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Free Medical Journals.Com
- Household Products Safety Information Database
IPL (Internet Public Library) - Health Medicine
Comprehensive links to general medicine, specific medical condition & disease web sites.
- Kid's Health
- Medline Plus
- National Adoption Information Clearinghouse
- National Center for Complementary & Alternative Medicine
National Institutes of Health
Federal focal point for U.S. biomedical research
National Library Services for the Blind and Physically Handicapped
Free library program of Braille and recorded materials.
- NIH Senior Health Resources
Nutrition Facts Calorie Counter
Contains extensive information on mental health. Website is owned and operated by a medical doctor.
National Library of Medicine - Contact your local library for full text articles.
- SAMHSA - Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration
Zero to Three
National Center for Infants, Toddlers and Families
- American Cancer Society